I just released an new version of the wdijkerman-zabbix puppet module: 1.5.0.
I had hoped to make this release puppet 4 compliant, but when I was investigating this I found that most of the modules that the wdijkerman-zabbix module is depending on isn’t puppet 4 compliant yet. With puppet 4, the only issue I encountered so far is related to the puppetlabs-apache module (It restarts the apache service before all files are present in the conf.d directory).
With this release you can automatically install Zabbix Templates! You need to use the define ‘zabbix::template’ and specify where the XML can be found and the template will be installed.
The changelog for this release:
- Fix for: Inherting params #93
- Fix for: new postgresql instance #91; Also update metadata for postgresl module version
- Fix for: Need to overide php_values #89
- 2nd fix for: Zabbix-proxy install database population #62. Also for postgresql now.
- Added support to Amazon Linux with epel 6. #96 (By pull request: Wprosdocimo (Thanks!))
- import templates and create hostgroup if missing #95 (By pull request: 1n (Thanks!))
- Added Support For Zapache monitoring script #94 (By pull request: elricsfate (Thanks!))
- merge of hiera hashes from entire hierarchy #98 (By pull request: szemlyanoy (Thanks!))
- Added property script_ext for: File extensions of Userparameters scripts #97
- Updated documentation in README.md
The “#<NUM>” is a reference to an Github issue. The release can now also be found on and downloaded from the forge.
If you find an bug or have an improvement for this Zabbix puppet module, please create pull requests!